990 Industrial Road
San Carlos, CA 94070
M-F: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sat-Sun: by appointment only
Conveniently located next to US 101
A relationship-based law firm built on over 65 years of Hannig-family legal tradition in the bay area.
Estate Planning / Probate / Trust Administration / Trust Litigation / Conservatorship
Hannig Law LLP provides a wide variety of wills and trust related legal services. We specialize in drafting and amending estate plans, administering trusts, probating estates, litigating trust disputes, and petitioning the Court for Conservatorship to protect loved ones.
Estate Planing Drafting/Amendment/Modification
- Estate planning is essential to protect you, your loved ones, and the valuable assets which are the fruits of a lifetime of hard work. Our typical estate plans include a trust, pour-over will, advanced health care directive, and durable power of attorney. We also include related estate planning documents to increase the strength and efficiency of our estate plans.
- Our attorney, Trevor Ross can help families avoid many common estate plans problems because he worked as a Volunteer Research Attorney for the probate department of the San Mateo Superior Court prior to joining Hannig Law LLP, where he assisted the Court on hundreds of trust related disputes.
Probate / Trust Administration
- "Probate" is the formal Court supervised procedure, generally, for identifying and gathering the assets of an estate after the passing of a loved one, processing creditor and other claims against the estate, and for ultimate distribution of the estate to the rightful beneficiaries for individuals who passed away without a sufficient or valid estate plan in place prior to passing. The probate process can sometimes be complicated and time consuming due to a variety of factors. There are a number of issues that may delay prompt closure of the estate, including creditors claims, will contests petitions, fraud or undue influence petitions, and beneficiary and/or third party disagreements.
- A "Trust Administration" is also the process to transfer assets when a loved one passes away with sufficient estate plan in place prior to passing and is similar to "probate" but is generally not court supervised. A Trust Administration can still be a complicated and time consuming process, despite little Court intervention - if any, but a trust administration is generally a fractional of the cost of a probate and is completed in less time.
- If you have lost a loved one and are not sure whether they had a sufficient estate plan; please CONTACT US and we can assist you with determining whether a formal probate is necessary.
- Our attorney, Trevor Ross can specially assist you and your family with probate and trust administration issues because he worked as a Volunteer Research Attorney for the probate department of the San Mateo Superior Court prior to joining Hannig Law LLP, where he assisted the Cpourt on hundreds of probate and trust administration-related legal matters.
- Some common trust disputes relate to trustees not following the terms of the trust and/or misappropriating trust assets and/or breaching other fiduciary duties. Sometimes, trustees are dutifully administering the trust, but beneficiaries wrongfully accuse the trustees of misappropriating trust assets and/or breaching their fiduciary duties. If you are a trustee, we can assist you in defending your actions as trustee. If you are a beneficiary and suspect a trustee or executor has taken trust assets or is not abiding by the terms of the trust, we can assist you in obtaining relief. If you are unsure , but have suspicions, please CONTACT US for a consultation.
- Our attorney, Trevor Ross can specially assist you and your family with trust litigation issues because he worked as a Volunteer Research Attorney for the probate department of the San Mateo Superior Court prior to joining Hannig Law LLP, where he assisted the Court on hundreds of trust related disputes.
- "Conservatorship" is a formal court proceeding where the Court appoints a responsible person or organization - called the “Conservator” - to care for and supervise another adult who cannot care for himself or herself or manage his or her own finances - the "Conservatee". Our firm can assist you and your family with the process of obtaining or opposing a Conservatorship, efficient management of an ongoing Conservatorship or the termination or resolution of a Conservatorship.
- Our attorney, Trevor Ross can specially assist you and your family with Conservatorship legal issues because he worked as a Volunteer Research Attorney for the probate department of the San Mateo Superior Court prior to joining Hannig Law LLP, where he assisted the Court with hundreds of Conservatorship related petitions.
CONTACT US to arrange for a consultation regarding your Probate, Estate Planning, Trust Administration, Trust Litigation or Conservatorship matter.